Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to an environment of uncompromising integrity and ethical conduct. Our ethical standards are the foundation for our decisions and actions. As members of the faculty, staff and administration of VCU your actions will be guided by these principles and values:
- Respect. We will respect individuals, diversity and the rights of others.
- Honesty. We will act and communicate honestly and candidly. We will not mislead others.
- Excellence. We will strive for excellence in all that we do.
- Responsibility and accountability. We will be responsible and accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Stewardship. We will be good stewards of the resources entrusted to the university.
- Compliance. We will understand and comply with the codes, laws, regulations, policies and procedures that govern our university activities.
We recognize that our decisions and actions reflect not only upon our individual reputations but also upon the reputation of the university. Our actions will be guided by these ethical principles even when confronted by personal, professional, social or economic pressures.